Monday, August 17, 2009

Arsenal at celtic park tomorrow


Arsenal face Celtic at Celtic park tomorrow in a crucial champions league qualifier for the money spinning group phase of the champions league . I am a bit worried about the game because Celtic seem to be inspired whenever the big boys from Europe come to their stadium. They have done well in recent years against Manchester United, Barcelona and Milan. I still think Arsenal should be able to get a good result at Celtic park but it wouldn't be a walk in the park. I expect a very determined and committed Celtic team and the atmosphere would be very intimidating.

Wenger speaking about the atmosphere had this to say about his team
"You expect a massive support at Celtic,"
"Scotland is always a very special atmosphere, a special noise in the stands. But we have played everywhere in Europe and we can deal with that. It will be down to us and how well we play."We don’t go into this game with fear. We go with respect for Celtic, but we know it is a very important game for us and we want to come home with a positive result.
"I always prepare my team first with determination and not with fear. We have played everywhere and have good experience in the Champions League. But every game is different and we know what we will face on Tuesday night – a very determined Celtic team with quality."
The injury news is not very promising, Diaby is set to return from injury but the trio of Cesc Fabregas, Denilson and Sagna are minor doubts for the game. Theo Walcott is also out of the game with a back problem he was carrying while away with England on international duty. According to Wenger, the test results on the injury was negative which is some positive news. Irrespective of what team Wenger puts out against Celtic, Arsenal should be able to pick up a decent result that would put them in good stead to qualify when Celtic come to the emirates staduim.

6 comments:

  1. Pertamax...(me first...LOL)

    If celtic try to close us down and cut the passings from our midfield, we could be in trouble. If we score, its their disadvantage, they know that.

    I hope we could play a little more direct. I'd love to see another Cesc link-up with Verm again...worldclass (the delivery that is).

    boodeer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worry about the pace of the game more than anything else. Celtic might push the pace and try to unsettle Arsenal on the counter. I still think we have more than enough to beat them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expect a superb game from Diaby... playing in the denilson role of everton game... sitting infront of Song and along with Fabregas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diaby is the most up and down player at the club, I honestly dont know what to expect from him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's only one thing that can cause Arsenal to fall and that is 'nerves'. I hope the team thrives under pressure and play their good football.

    Creephoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celtic park would be loud so there is guaranteed to be a bit of nerves. I hope we score first, that would calm the nerves down a bit. I want to see how our defence performs in this game, Verminator got me excited in the last game but I want to see more from him.

    ReplyDelete